Pros : Diabetic diet
- Following this diet meal plan will help control the symptoms of diabetes
- You will be following a healthy diet
- A good diabetic diet is likely to promote weight control as it is based around healthy food choices
>> More on diabetes & the diabetic diet
Publications : Diabetic diet
Developed by Dr. Calvin Ezrin, M.D., a research endocrinologist with over 30 years of experience helping patients lose weight, this program is remarkably effective for both Type II diabetics and nondiabetic people with chronic weight problems.
A diet plan review of this program reveals that it is based on low-carbohydrate and low-caloric intake, a consistently effective method of weight control in all populations.
>> More on Diabetic recipes & the diabetic recipes.
Example recipes : Diabetic diet
Diabetic Recipes aren't all about abstinence, as this recipe shows:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup margarine, diet, (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown SugarTwin
- 3 egg whites, large, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour, white
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water, warm, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
>> More on diabetic diet & food choices
Verdict : Diabetic diet
If you are diabetic, this diet is a must. Even if you're not, following the basic principles (limiting sweets, eating often, watching carbs, eating lots of whole-grain foods, fruits and vegetables, eating less fat, and limiting your use of alcohol) will see you lose weight.