Pros : Detox diet
- It forces you to look at your diet and lifestyle and making appropriate changes
- You'll drink two to three litres of water per day
- You'll abstain from alcohol, caffeine and tobacco, red meat, sugar, and salt.
- You'll almost certainly eat large amounts of fresh vegetables and fruit, rice, yoghurt, grains, fish or chicken.
>> More on the Detox diet & herbal detox
Publications : Detox diet
This is the program that revived Morgan Spurlock from the effects of a month eating nothing but McDonald's for his film Super Size Me.
Developed by holistic health counsellor and personal chef Alex Jamieson, this diet saw Spurlock lose 10 pounds, and restore his liver function, blood pressure and cholesterol to normal levels, all within 8 weeks.
>> More on Detox diet & detox food.
Example recipes : Detox diet
Creamless Spinach Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup medium diced onion
- 1 cup medium diced carrots
- 1 cup medium diced celery
- 1 cup medium diced leek
- 6 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- Sprig of thyme
- 2 pounds of chopped spinach
>> More on Detox diet & lemon detox
Verdict : Detox diet
Although not designed as a weight loss program, a diet plan review of the detox diet suggests that you'll probably lose weight - eating only healthy ingredients, it's hard not to.
However, it is as a way to kick start a healthy lifestyle, and force yourself to think about what you eat, that it is most effective.