Pros : Macrobiotic diet
- Proponents claim that his diet meal plan can prevent and cure cancer, although there is no scientific evidence to support this.
- Other benefits are likely to include lower cholesterol lower blood pressure etc.
- Weight loss is likely, though not inevitable
>> More on the Macrobiotic diet & alternative health
Publications : Macrobiotic diet
In this book, Jessica Porter offers contemporary insight into one of the world's oldest, yet most popular, diet meal plans. She explains how eating good quality whole foods can enhance your physical, sensory, and emotional well-being.
More than just another diet book, this is a lifestyle book full of tips and recipes designed to give you an understanding of food can strengthen both your body and your mind.
>>More on the Macrobiotic diet & weight loss products
Example recipes : Macrobiotic dietHerbed Black Soybeans
- 2 cans of Eden Black Soybeans or home-cooked black soybeans
- 1-2 tsp. shoyu
- 1 TB kuzu diluted in 1/8 cup cold water
- 3 pinches dried basil
- Juice from 1/2-1 lemon
- Parsley garnish
>> More on Low macrobiotic diets & food
Verdict : Macrobiotic diet
This is not your standard diet plan review. Rather than simply being a way to lose weight (though that may well happen) changing to a macrobiotic diet is a lifestyle choice, a philosophy of living.