Pros : Low protein diet
- This diet meal plan should only be followed on the advice of your doctor.
>> More on the Low protein diet & the glycemic index
Publications : Low protein diet
This 3-in-1 reference book covers hundreds of terms and expressions relating to a Low Protein Diet, and is designed for doctors, medical students, medical researchers, and patients, who want to become more familiar with information relating to the Low Protein Diet. It also offers information on how to research the latest information on the internet.
>>More on the Low protein diet & high calorie food
Example recipes : Low protein dietQuick White Bread
- 100g (4oz) soft margarine
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 200g (8oz) Loprofin Low Protein Mix
- 2 x 5mlsp (2tsp) Loprofin Egg Replacer
- 2 x 5mlsp (2tsp) baking powder
- 150ml (6floz) Loprofin PKU Milk Drink
- Flavouring/additive of choice
Oven temperature: 190?C/375?F/Gas Mark 5
>> More on Low protein diets & recipes
Verdict : Low protein diet
A diet plan review indicates that a healthy individual needs between 40-60 grams of protein per day to maintain good health. Unless you have been diagnosed with a kidney or liver disease there is no reason to adopt this diet.