South beach diet plan
One of the better diet meal plans on the market, the South Beach Diet teaches participants to chose the right carbohydrates and fats. Despite its glamorous name the South Beach Diet actually involves a certain degree of determination and self control. It emphasizes a healthy diet full of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein.
According to Agatston, the author, by the end of two weeks, most participants on this diet meal plan have lost between 8 and 14 pounds. This has been achieved not through severe calorie restriction but rather by eliminating simple carbohydrates and replacing them with better choices.
Pros : South beach diet
- Encourages healthy eating
- Not a highly restrictive low calorie diet meal plan
- All major food groups are included
- Many participants not only lose weight, but also lower their cholesterol levels and reduce their risk of heart disease and diabetes
>> More on the south beach diet & guides
Publications : south beach diet
Developed with the help of a professional nutritionist, this book offers a selection of easy-to-follow eating plans and recipes to help you learn how to eat better.
There is no calorie counting, and the emphasis is on making healthy eating choices.
>>More on the south beach diet & phases
Example recipes : south beach dietGreek Salad
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
>> More on south beach diets & recipes
Verdict : south beach diet
A diet plan review of this popular weight loss strategy reveals that because it encourages healthy eating, it is not only a good way to lose weight, but also offers far more likelihood of keeping the weight off than most plans.