Pros : Cabbage Soup diet
- If you stick with it, you are almost guaranteed to lose weight
- You can eat as much as you want of the prescribed foods
- You can drink as much water as you like
- Calorie free drinks such as coffee, tea, and herbal teas are also permitted
>> More on the Cabbage Soup diet & cabbage
Publications : Cabbage soup diet
The Cabbage Soup Diet is a quick weight loss program that gives immediate results. There are no special foods to buy, no weighing, no counting fat grams or calories - indeed, you can eat as much as you want of the specified foods.
In addition, unlike some low carb diets, it's low in fat and high in fibre.
>> More on Cabbage soup diet & weight loss products.
Example recipes : Cabbage soup diet
- 1 head cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 16-28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green peppers
- 4 stalks celery
- 1-2 packages of any dry onion soup mix (optional)
- Black pepper
- Fresh herbs
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound green beans, sliced on diagonal
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (optional)
>> More on Cabbage soup diet & diet food.
Verdict : Cabbage soup diet
A diet plan review suggests that this is a quick fix, a way to jump start your weight loss, but is not sustainable. Because the diet is low in complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals, it should not be used for more than 7 days.
Following up with a sensible eating and exercise program is the way to make this work in the long term.