A tricep curl is seemingly a similar exercise to the Bicep Curl.
The Tricep Curl is a tricep exercise that helps strengthen and tone the back of your upper arms. It is an effective exercise at targeting and reducing underarm fat.
With a tricep curl exercise you will be required to use weights. You can either use weights that you have handy round the house, such as canned food, or think about purchasing some free weights or a resistance strap to help you with your workout. Remember, always stay in your own comfort zone during the exercise and keep good form, move slowly and with smooth movements.
To increase the challenge, straighten and bend your arm really slowly, and when your strength has increased, up the amount of weight that you are using. The good thing about using free weights is that you can add the next weight up onto your bar, not have to go searching around the house for a bigger can to use as the new weight!
- Stand next to a table with one foot slightly in front of the other
- With your weight in one hand and arm by your side, lean forward and rest your elbow on the table. Make sure your knees are slightly bent.
- Keeping your upper arm in line with your body, bend your weight arm 90 degrees. This is the starting position.
- Straighten your weight arm out behind you, keeping your arm by your side. Hold the weight in this position for 2-3 seconds.
- Slowly bend your arm until it is back to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for a further five repetitions using the same arm, then repeat the whole exercise with the other arm.
Choose another Exercise.