A similar exercise to the Tricep Curl, the Bicep Curl can help you strengthen and tone your arms. Normally you would use some free weights while doing a bicep curl,there is no reason why you can't use items that are around the house, such as a tin of food or a bag of flour.
For this exercise it is ok to either be sitting or standing. Remember, always stay in your own comfort zone during the exercise and keep good form to do a bicep curl, somove slowly and with smooth movements.
- Stand upright, or sit on a chair (whichever you find most comfortable while exercising) with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Hold your weights down by your sides with your palms facing forward.
- Slowly and without moving the upper part of your arms, bend your arm and bring the weights up to your shoulders
- Return the weight back to the starting position, keeping the movement nice and slow.
- Repeat this exercise for a further 3-5 repetitions, or more if you feel comfortable.
- Depending on your personal preference you can do the Bicep Curls at the same time with both arms, or alternatively lifting first with one arm and then the other.
As you become stronger in your arms your ability to do more repetitions will increase. Try increasing the weight that you are lifting to get better results. You may wish to try using a resistance strap to add to the exercise.
Choose another Exercise.