Alternate Leg Raise
The Alternate Leg Raise is a great exercise to tone the buttocks and thighs, and to strengthen the lower back.
Itoes not require any additional equipment and is simple to do. Remember, always stay in your own comfort zone during the exercise and keep good form, move slowly and with smooth movements.
- This exercise can be done lying on a bench or bed.
- Lay face-down on the edge of the bench / bed with your hip bones /waist and upper body on the bed. Rest your hands on top of each other and your chin on top of your hands.
- Your legs and feet should be straight and extended from the end of the bed and resting with toes on the floor.
- Slowly raise your right leg and bring it in line with the rest of your body, keeping the left foot on the floor. Tense the buttocks and hold in this position for three seconds. Slowly lower the leg until it is in the starting position again.
- Repeat the exercise with the left leg, keeping the right leg in the ystarting position. Make sure all movements are slow and smooth.
- Repeat the exercise with both legs four more times. As the exercise becomes easier over time you can increase the number of repetitions to make the exercise a little more demanding.
Check out the Elliptical Trainer and Step Machine for two great pieces of equipment that target the legs and buttocks, and really help you burn fat and achieve weight loss for good.
Choose another Exercise.