Consulting exercise guides is a great idea if you're wondering what type of exercise you should do.
You'll have a choice between general exercise guides that can give you an overview of the principles of working out and how it benefits your body, or books that focus on a specific fitness activity, which can be handy for more in-depth knowledge of your chosen sport or regimen.
+ How to Fit Exercise into a Busy Schedule
With so many stories and features being released each day, who to believe and what to follow becomes evermore difficult. Howeverm you want to live your life, eating a more balanced diet and exercising is the true way to achieve your goals which will also give you a sense of real achievement. It's also proven to be a lot more likely to work for the long term too.
Here is a general overview of the kind of areas different exercise guides discuss:
Exercising aerobically means exercising with oxygen. An aerobic or cardiovascular workout raises your heart rate to between 65-85% of your maximum heart rate. Activities which can be defined as aerobic include:
The benefits of regular aerobic workouts include:
- Reduced body fat percentage
- Increased heart and lung function
- Reduced chance of developing heart disease
- Reduced blood pressure and pulse
- Reduced insulin resistance
- Production of endorphins, natural pain killers and mood elevators that provide a sense of well-being.
Resistance work involves training with weights, such as dumbbells, medicine balls, or your own body weight. Here are some of the benefits of resistance training:
- Faster metabolism (because resistance work builds muscle, and muscle burns calories)
- Better posture (because it strengthens the muscles that support your skeleton)
- Increased muscular strength
- Increased tendon and ligament strength
Core stability training
Core stability training works on strengthening the muscles that support your lumber spine and pelvis. By exercising these muscles, you stabilize your trunk region and provide a strong base for all movement. If your body is functioning as it should, all your movement should originate from the core area.